The Lorenzenhof was built in Oberwolfach in 1608 and is a typical Kinzigtal house, with a stone-built basement and a timbered upper floor set upon it. The stalls are located in the stone basement floor. In the upper floor, parlour and bedchamber lie next to each other at the front side. The stalls and living area together are referred to as house. The farm area is built onto this.
Typical of the Kinzigtal house is the so-called nut-floor, a hollow mezzanine between the ceiling of the parlour and bedchamber and the loft above. It was used for drying out nuts or for storing work tools and instruments. In the basement floor, the museum has a permanent exhibition on the theme of forest use throughout history.